Ok, this is my review of Ashley Madison. I first heard of AshleyMadison.com about 4 years ago, I saw a commercial on late night TV, promoting a cheating/dating web site. The site stuck in my head and many years later here we are. Ashely Madison serves a very unique type of dating clientele. If you are unhappily married but looking for something on the side then this dating site is designed for you. Just look at the Ashley Madison punch line “Life Is Short, Have An Affair!”
The site has been talked about and featured on many media outlets and talk show hosts from, The View, Dr. Phil, Tyra Banks and even the Ellen Degeneres Show. To say Ashley Madison is popular would be an understatement, over 2,000,000 are registered members on the cheating site. The funny thing is being featured on talk shows and news shows has actually helped get the word out more and more about AshleyMadison.com, and it was free publicity . Every time the discreet dating service is talked about on TV, web traffic to the site takes another jump higher. They say any publicity is good publicity and this is no different.
For my review of The Ashley Madison Agency I registered for a free basic profile so I can see what type of features they offer. I have reviewed many dating sites over the years so I know what to expect and what not to expect.
I created a free membership, so I could check out what they offer. Read on as I got into detail about everything they offer, good and bad…
Ashley Madison Agency Features:
- Email - The email system enables to you send and receive emails right from the Ashley Madison web site. This good if you want to be discreet, since the emails are never sent to your home email address.
- Winks – When you find an woman or man that interests you, then you use their email system to send that member a “wink”. If they are interested they can send a wink back or email or whatever.
- Online instant messaging - You can chat with other A.M. members via online chat. They don’t have live web cam options. This would be a great feature so you can see EXACTLY what some one you are interested in looks like right now, not a photo from 10 years ago. Many people tend to show older photos of when they had hair or when they were 30 lbs lighter, web cam chat would stop this little problem.
- Send a gift - You can send virtual gifts to women, some of the gifts that you can send to show they you are interested in them include,virtual roses, virtual necklace or a virtual teddy bear. These are all virtual gifts and are not real. Apparently “Your chances of meeting a woman dramatically increases when you send a message with a Virtual Gift.” Sounds pretty dumb to me, but who knows, didn’t people use to buy pet rocks years ago?!
- Exclamation point - On the right hand side of the members area there is a small little orange exclamation point. There is something very creative that the creators of AshleyMadison.com have added so if you need to quickly change the page, you click that icon and the page goes to HomeRenovationGuide.com (no joke). If you need to switch web sites because your wife is coming into the den, this is the “hide web site” button that you click to hide the site.
- Member feedback – Other members can basically leave feedback on their experience with you (good or bad), so be nice and don’t act like an ass.
Your Member Profile
Meet married women or single women it’s all the same, you need to fill out your profile as detailed as possible. Women want to know who they might be sleeping with. And speaking of sex in your dating profile you can describe in detail exactly what you are looking for.
Some of the various sexual preferences you can choose for your dating profile:
- Conventional Sex
- Being Dominant/Master
- Being Submissive/Slave
- Role Playing
- You Like to Cross Dress
You can list in your profile what turns you on:
- Professional/Well Groomed
- Body Piercing
- Muscular/Fit Body
- Petite Figure
- Girl Next Door
- Naughty Girl
- Hopeless Romantic
- Drug Free
- Casual/Social Drinker
After awhile of going through the site you forgot everyone on the site is married but looking for discreet fun. Like I mentioned the Ashley Madison Agency is free for a basic membership however all you can do for free is fill out your profile and browse the site. If you want to contact any of the other members you then you need to pay.
Unlike other dating sites that I have reviewed you don’t pay on a monthly basis. Ashley Madison works on a credit system, you pay for credits. The minimum amount of credits you can purchase is $49.00. For $49.00 worth you receive 100 credits. I have included the amount of credits you need to use the various features on AshleyMadison.com
Ashley Madison Credit System:
- 5 credits are needed to contact a new member
- 5 credits are needed to send a mail message priority
- 5 credits are needed to accept a collect message
- 30 credits are needed for 30 minutes of on-line live chat
- 50 credits are needed for 60 minutes of on-line live chat
Just like WalMart, AshleyMadison has a guarantee, you won’t believe this. The Ashley Madison guarantee is this, “If you don’t find someone within the initial 3 months after purchasing the “Affair Guarantee” Membership Package ($249), we’ll refund you the $249.” I chuckled when I saw this, but it is useful in reality. There are a few rules in order to get that full refund if you don’t meet someone however. One thing I thought was kind of low of Ashley Madison, is they send you a refunds in the form of a check to your home, and on the check Please note that your refund check it will state that it is from “The Ashley Madison Agency.”
Why does this bother me?
On the site it states it states that your credit will not be billed as Ashley Madison (see screen shot below)
When you want a refund because you haven’t met anyone they send you a refund check that will say “Ashley Madison Agency” on the refund check (see screen shot below), so much for being discreet! I think that really sucks. They offer a affair guarantee, but in reality how many people can use it? If you’re a married man, I think the last thing you need is to be getting a refund check from the Ashley Madison Agency sent to your home. I know why they do this, so they discourage people for asking for a refund. But, why even offer an “Affair Guarantee” to begin with? A guarantee always puts people at ease, you feel like there is no risk to you then. Just like anything it’s important for the consumer in this case married women and men to read the fine print on AshleyMadison.com.
Overall Ashley Madison does what it’s supposed to, connect married women with married men. It has good features, so if you’re looking for a discreet dating service just for married people, then this is for you. If you want to remain as discreet as possible, I suggest using a prepaid credit card when you pay, even though the credit card statement will not Ashley Madison Agency on it. If you want a refund after you pay, then be prepared to get a check delivered to your home address with Ashley Madison Agency on it.
** If you have used AshleyMadison.com and have been happy or not, leave a comment with your own review or experiences with the site and it’s services. More info is better than less info. The internet gives everyone a voice and opinion, not just big business, use your freedom and leave your own opinion.